MARGARET RIVER FREE RANGE EGGS were looking for a system that was quick and easy and could achieve temperature control of inside the two Layer Sheds according to the changes in the weather. Additional shed renovations were also required to upgrade shed access with gate & extra layer boxes.
The initial install was to recycle old internal curtains, cut down, re-stick & re-instate old side during the 12-monthly cleanout. A high amount of support labour needed to be supplied by client to be cost effective.
Need for relocating existing curtains and guides and adding additional curtain supports to two sheds and installing electronics for ease of management with drawing up/dropping down the curtains with main controls until full shed ventilation installed.
Additional Modifications/installation included:
- Modification of bird nesting boxes, back fill boxes between post supports
- Installation of watering lines & extend feeder augers
- Extension and levelling of south side raised deck
- Supplied materials and repairs to Shed 1 Cross Feed Flexible auger from silo to hoppers
- Supplied materials PVC connections, replacement silo boot & silo cleanout.
- Manufactured and installed two gates for middle of shed access open to free range area.
- Relocated existing curtains and curtain guides in one shed
- Had new curtains manufactured for 2nd shed supplied and installed together with curtain guides for other shed rather than recycling (not overly cost effective to recycle).
- Installed Winches, Control Boxes, Cable and Pulley systems for each of the side with curtains ready for future ventilation automation.
- Replaced various PVC Pipes and general Maintenance and repairs
Fully Operational system to control temperature inside the sheds with simple press of a button and a total rebuild of nest boxes, feeders and water lines
- Chickens are kept in more comfortable and stable environment with a quick and efficient system to control temperate
- Ease of management for the operator and better laying environment for birds
- Expected increased production & animal welfare